Thursday, April 03, 2008

Chexbres, Switzerland




These sketches were done last Sunday while I was in Chexbres, Switzerland. This is a small town on the hill above the north shore of Lake Geneva, near Vevey.

The small sketch was done out of my hotel room window as it was cold outside. It is pretty small ( actual image 5.5"x8") and took about 45 minutes counting time to let the paint dry. The larger sketch 9"X12" took around 1.5 hours. I found a great place at the end of a road in the vineyards, with a view towards the East end of the lake and the great mountains there. While I was painting, a few families were out walking and some stopped to see what I was doing. It was really a nice day and got warm in the afternoon.

I was fortunate to have been able to paint Sunday afternoon as the next day was rainy and windy all day long.

I'm going back to Switzerland and Italy next week and should be able to do a couple more water color sketches.

3 comments:

Craig Mackay said...

Beautiful, Pop! These are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I live in Chexbres and was just looking for postcards. I found yours on google images. These are nice.

Paul

Unknown said...

I was in school in Switzerland in1964 thois bring back lovely memories